A delicious Punjabi Tadke Wali dal recipe is reminiscent of typical Punjabi flavours and spices. The dals are tempered with jeera and flavored with tomatoes, garlic, garam masala and jeera powder. Simply delicious!
|Yellow Moongi Dal||1 Cup|
|Masar Dal (Red Gram)||1 Cup|
|Kadi Patta||8 to 10|
|Finely Chopped Onion||1|
|Finely Chopped Medium Tomatoes||1|
|Haldi Powder||1 tbsp|
|Lal Mirch Powder||1 tbsp|
|Finely Chopped Green Chillies||2 to 3|
|Fresh Dhania leaves||To Decorate|
- Wash both the Dals together and keep for boiling with salt , Haldi and red chilly powder . Remember not to Pressurize the Dal , Cook it in open Handi .
- When the Dal is being cooked we can make the tadka simultaneously.
- For the tadka take a pan put the ghee , when the ghee is hot put the Jeera and Kadi Pata .
- Then put the onion and green chillies and fry till they are pink in colour ,then add the tomatoes and cook till they are soft .
- When the Dal is soft and tender put the tadka and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Rotis as well as rice.