Aloo Gobhi is a vegetarian Punjabi dish made with potatoes (Aloo), cauliflower (Gobhi) and a great blend of spices. Aloo Gobhi can be served with various breads, such as Rotis, Parathas, and Puris.
|Aloo||2 Medium size|
|Adrak-Lehsun Paste||1 tbsp|
|Onion||1 chopped Finely|
|Tomato||1 chopped Roughly|
|Haldi Powder||A pinch|
|Lal Mirch Powder||1 tbsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/4 tbsp (Optional)|
|Fresh Dhania leaves chopped||2 tbsp|
- Pressure cook potatoes upto 3-4 whistles until soft. Peel of the skin, chop them into cubes and keep aside.
- Cook cauliflower florets in water with salt and Haldi powder until soft yet firm enough to bite.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera allow it to crackle. Add Adrak lehsun paste, onions fry till slightly browned. Then add tomatoes cook until raw smell leaves.
- Now add Haldi, Lal Mirch, garam masala powder and required salt. Add cauliflower and potatoes, mix well. Cook until the veggies absorb the masalas, it may take 2-3 mins. Adjust salt at this stage.
- Garnish with Dhania leaves and switch off.
- Serve with rotis or rice!