Another yummy dish from Punjab is Sookhi Dal recipe. The recipe is mainly dependent on proper mixture of Masala.
|Dhuli Urad Dal||Soaked 1 cup|
|Haldi Powder||1/4 tbsp|
|Ginger Chopped||1 tbsp|
|Onion Chopped||2 Medium|
|Lal Mirch Powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 tbsp|
|Fresh Dhania leavesChopped||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||Few Drops|
- Drain and cook urad dal with salt, Haldi powder and 2 cups water till just done. Take care that the dal does not get overcooked and each grain remains separate.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add Jeera, Hing, Adrak and onions and sauté till fragrant.
- Chop green chillies and add along with Lal Mirch powder, tomatoes and sauté.
- Drain dal and add and mix gently. Adjust salt and add garam masala powder and mix.
- Chop Dhania leaves and add and mix well. You can add lemon juice if you wish.
- Serve hot.