Punjabi Masala Stuffed or Bharwa tinde is a special stuffed vegetable recipe with tinde or small pointed gourds slit and then filled up with a spicy masala mix. These stuffed or bharwa tinde are served dry with roasted onions or made into a gravy and enjoyed with rotis.
|Roasted Til||2 tbsp|
|Roasted Peanuts||3 tbsp|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup|
|Chopped Dhania||1 Cup|
|Kadi Patta||1 tbsp|
|Lal Mirch Powder||2 tbsp|
|Haldi Powder||1 tbsp|
|Sugar||1 & 1/2 tbsp|
- Cut the tinda from top into squares and deseed the tindas. Keep aside.
- Combine the til, coconut and groundnut and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Combine the paste, Dhania-jeera powder, onions, coriander, salt, Lal mirch and Haldi powder and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fill the tindas with a portion of the filling and close them with their respective square pieces.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric, chilli powder and the stuffed tindas along with the remaining masalas.
- Add the beaten curds and cream and mix well.
- Place them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.