Chana with Palak is a great combination and a healthy, protein rich dish.This dish can be served with roti, naan or any other bread.
|Finely Chopped Palak||3 Cups|
|Dhania Powder||1 tbsp|
|Haldi Powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Lal Mirch Powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Salt||1/2 tbsp (Adjust to taste)|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tbsp|
- Drain the liquid out of the Chana and rinse well.
- Blend the tomatoes, green chilies, and ginger to make a puree.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one jeera seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- Add the Hing and Jeera seeds.
- After the Jeera seeds crack, add the tomato puree, Dhania powder, Haldi, Lal Mirch powder and cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Tomato mixture will start leaving the oil and will reduce to about half in quantity.
- Add Palak, and salt and one half cup of water and let it cook covered for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat covered.
- Add the chanas and mash them lightly with a spatula so they soften Note: add more water as needed to keep the gravy consistency to your liking, and let it cook on low heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and let it cook for another minute.