Palak Paneer is a delicious, hearty Punjabi dish prepared with Palak and Indian cheese.
This traditional greens based vegetarian dish is a rich, smooth, creamy curry where paneer cubes are cooked in a onion-tomato-spinach based gravy which is moderately spiced with Indian spices.
The paneer in this recipe has been fried to add some extra flavour. You can however add the paneer pieces without frying if required.
|Palak (spinach)||1 kg.|
|Ginger (finely chopped)||25 gms.|
|Garlic||3 – 4 leaves|
|Red Chilli Powder||to taste|
- Clean & wash palak & chop it finely.
- Boil the chopped palak putting it in pressure cooker, till 2-3 whistles.
- Now grind the palak in a mixer.
- Put the pan on gas & add oil in it.
- Add finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies & tomato & then fry them.
- Add crushed palak in it. Fry this mixture till it leaves all its oil.
- Now fry the cheese, cut into pieces in a separate pan & add it into palak.
- Cook for another 4-5 mints. Serve hot with butter on it.