Pasanda means every one’s favourite. So as the name suggests this paneer delicacy is adored by everyone who tastes it. The various pastes used to make this dish add their own distinct flavours which combine to form a flavour like none other. Using ghee in the dish instead of oil can further enhance the flavour though making it a little high in calories.
|Grated paneer (cottage cheese)||1 1/2 cups|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 tsp|
|Freshly crushed kalimirch||1/4 tsp|
|Plain flour (Maida)||2 tbsp|
|Bread crumbs for coating|
|Oil for cooking||2 tbsp|
|For Paste No.1|
|Chopped onions||3/4 cup|
|Cloves (laung) of garlic (lehsun)||5|
|For Paste No.2|
|Oil for deep-frying|
|Sliced onions||1/2 cup|
|For The Gravy|
|Oil or||2 tbsp|
|Chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh thick curds (dahi) (dahi), whisked||3/4 cup|
|Chopped coriander (dhania) (dhania) for the garnish||2 tbsp|
- For the tikkis combine all the ingredients, except the bread crumbs and oil, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into flat round tikki.
- Roll in bread crumbs in such a way that the tikkis are evenly coated from all sides.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava and cook the tikkis on both sides till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For paste no. 1
- Combine all the ingredients with 1 cup of water and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
For paste no. 2
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the onions in oil till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and then blend to a smooth paste in a blender. Keep aside.
For the gravy:
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the paste no. 1 and cook on a low flame for a few minutes.
- Add the chilli powder and Punjabi garam masala mix well and cook again for a few minutes.
- Add the curds, mix well and go on stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the paste no. 2, salt and cook till oil separates from the gravy.
- Add ½ cup of water and bring to boil.
How to proceed:
- Arrange the paneer tikkis in a plate. Pour the hot gravy on the top.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.