Jeera rice is a very simple and flavorful rice and can be prepared in a few minutes. This versatile rice preparation can be eaten as an accompaniment with almost any Dal or vegetable.
|Long Grained Basmati Rice||1 & 1/4 Cups|
|Sliced Onions||1/4 cup|
|Oil||For Deep Frying|
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the onion slices on a medium flame till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside for the garnish.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Put 2½ cups of water to boil.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan and add Jeera.
- When jeera crackle, add the rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt cover with a lid and cook till the rice is done.
- Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork.
- Serve hot and garnished with the fried onions.