Matar Wale Chawal
Matar Wale Chawal is a very simple and quick recipe and can be prepared in a few minutes. This versatile rice preparation can be eaten as an accompaniment with Raita.
|Basmati Rice||2 Cups|
|Green Peas (shelled)||250 g|
|Dal Chinni||1 Stick|
- Pick, wash and soak the rice for 20 minutes.
- Lightly heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed vessel.
- Add Laung bay leaves and Dalchinni and fry for a few seconds.
- Add green peas and fry for a minute.
- Add the soaked rice, 4 cups water and salt to taste and mix well.
- Bring to boil. After a boil simmer. Cook covered with a lid.
- Lightly mix once or twice when the rice is being cooked.
- Cook till the rice is done.
- Serve hot with any Raita.