Naan is very popular bread. This recipe is a tasty twist to naan stuffed with spicy mashed potatoes. Aloo Naan can be served by itself or any gravy based vegetable dish.
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Medium potatoes- boiled, peeled and mashed||3|
|Finely Chopped Green Chillies||3|
|Chopped Dhania Leaves|
- Take a bowl and mix Maida, salt and baking powder in it. Make a well in the center.
- Mix milk, sugar, 1 tbsp oil and baking powder in another bowl.
- Pour this mixture in the center of bowl containing Maida.
- Knead it into soft dough adding warm water if needed.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and knead again. Keep it in a warm place for 2-3 hours.
- Mix all the ingredients of the filling to make potato mixture.
- Take a ball out of the dough and roll out on a floured surface into a 2 inch round dusting with dry flour.
- Place a lemon sized potato filling in the center and gather the edges.
- Reshape into a ball. Again roll out into a disk. Similarly make other naan from rest of the dough.
- Preheat oven and bake these Aloo naan till they puff up and become golden brown with brown-black specks here and there.
- Grease them with butter and serve hot.
- You can also make Aloo naan in electric or gas tandoor which is a much faster way to cook naan.