Aloo Mutter Tariwale
Aloo and peas cooked in rich curd-based gravy. Although it may take longer, it is good to cook the vegetables in the gravy itself as it absorbs the flavour well.
|For The White Gravy|
|Sliced onions||1/2 cup|
|Charmagaz||1 to 2 tbsp|
|Boiled and cubed Aloo||1 1/2 cups|
|Boiled Green peas||1 1/2 cups|
|Ginger-Garlic (Adrak-lehsun) paste||2 tsp|
|Fresh dahi whisked||2 cup thick|
|Haldi Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Punjabi garam masala||1/4 tsp|
|Fresh Cream||2 tbsp|
|For The Garnish|
|Chopped Dhania||2 tbsp|
For the white gravy:
- Add all the ingredients to ¾ cup of water and cook on a slow flame for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
How to proceed:
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the Elaichi, Tejpatta and ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add dahi, haldi powder, chilli powder and the white gravy.
- Mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously so the gravy does not curdle.
- Add the potatoes, peas, Punjabi garam masala, sugar, cream, salt and ½ cup of water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with dhania.