Bhindi Masala is cooked in typical Punjabi style. Bhindi Masala is a popular main course dish made with Bhindi cooked in spices and served with Chapatis.
|Onions Sliced||2 large|
|Green chillies||Slit 3-4|
|Lal Mirch powder||1 tbsp|
|Haldi powder||1 tbsp|
|Dhania powder||1 tbsp|
- Wash and dry the Bhindi or wipe with a wet cloth.
- Cut both the ends and cut into two inch long pieces.
- Slit the pieces horizontally without cutting them into two.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and add the Jeera.
- When they change colour, add the onions and saute till light golden.
- Add the green chillies and saute for half a minute.
- Add the Bhindi and sprinkle the Lal mirch, Haldi powder and Dhania powders.
- Mix well. Cook covered over low heat stirring occasionally.