The dish kadai paneer is a semi-dry dish that makes use of whole red chillies making it a treat for all your senses. Serve this dish in a miniature kadai with some hot coal underneath to give it the authentic kadai-fresh look!
|Paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 1 inch cubes||1 & 1/2 cups|
|Oil for deep-frying|
|Dhania seeds dry roasted crushed||1 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1 & 1/2 tsp|
|Fresh Cream||1/4 cup|
|Kasuri Methi||1 tsp|
|Elaichi powder||1/4 tsp|
|Punjabi Garam Masala||1/4 tsp|
|Chopped Dhania for the garnish||2 tsp|
- Heat the oil in a deep non- stick kadhai and fry the paneer cubes for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a kadhai; add the Dhania seeds and sauté for half a minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté with ¼ cup of water for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add more ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for another 6 to 7 minutes or till the oil separates from the gravy, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, cream and dried kasuri Methi leaves and salt and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the Paneer, Elaichi powder, Punjabi Garam Masala and sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander (Dhania).