Rajma is one of the most loved Punjabi vegetarian curry and traditional Sikh food. It goes best with boiled rice and Dahi. It is a very popular weekend brunch idea. In this dish, Rajma are cooked with onions and tomatoes.
|Soaked Rajma overnight||1/2 cup|
|Onions Chopped||2 medium|
|Ginger Chopped||1 inch piece|
|Garlic Chopped||6-8 cloves|
|Red Chilli Powder||2 tbsp|
|Dhania Powder||1 tbsp|
|Haldi powder||1 tbsp|
|Jeera powder||1 tbsp|
|Tomatoes Chopped Medium||3|
|Garam masala powder||1 tbsp|
|Fresh Dhania leaves Chopped||1 tbsp|
- Pressure cook Rajma with five cups of water till five whistles or totally cooked and soft.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add bay leaves and onions and sauté till golden.
- Add ginger and garlic and continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add Lal Mirch powder, Dhania powder, Haldi powder, Jeera powder and stir.
- Add tomatoes and salt and cook till tomatoes are cooked and oil leaves the masala.
- Add rajma along with the cooking liquour and mix.
- Cook on low heat for fifteen minute stirring in between.
- Adjust salt and add garam masala powder.
- Cook for five minutes.
- Garnish with Dhania leaves and serve hot with steamed rice and Dahi.