Sarson Da Saag, A well known world famous recipe, is the top on the list of Punjabi Cuisines when it comes to food and eating styles in Punjab. Ask a Punjabi about Spinach and he will jump of its feet with mouth watering over it. Well here is what you need to prepare the same.
|Sarson greens||1 bunch|
|Ginger & garlic grated||1/2 tsp. each|
|Paneer||1 tbsp. grated|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp.|
|Maize flour||1 tbsp.|
- Chop both greens, wash, drain.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker direct.
- Add both greens, green chillies, stir.
- Add ginger, garlic, stir.
- Add few pinches salt, 1 cup water.
- Pressure cook till done. (2 whistles).
- Mash well.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add onion, saute till brown,
- Add all other ingredients, except cheese.
- Stir well and cook till oil separates.
- Garnish with cheese.
- Serve hot with makki ki roti with Desi Ghee or Makhan.