Kaanji is a special drink made with black carrot (kaali gajar). It is very good for health and digestion. It can be made very easily at home in few minutes.
|Lal Mirch ( less or more according to your taste)||2 tsp|
|Fresh Water||4 Litre|
- Wash and scrape the carrots lightly.
- Cut the carrots in 1 inch long pieces.
- Take Rai dana and dry grind them in a mortar and pestle.
- Take a mixing bowl and add mix the carrots with salt, Lal Mirch and Rai dana. ( Take a steel bowl or heat proof mixing bowl, otherwise it will crack)
- Take 4 litres of water and bring to boil.
- Now add the hot water in the mixing bowl.
- Let this mixture cool down.
- Add this mixture on cooling into an airtight wide mouth jar or bottle.
- Now keep this bottle in the sun for 5 days, during the day just shake the bottle once or twice. ( Each night bring in the bottle and keep at room temperature. )
- After 5 days keep this bottle in the fridge.
- Serve chilled with some Pudina leaves.