Panjeeri is a Punjabi sweet-dish, made from whole wheat flour fried in sugar and ghee, heavily laced with dried fruits and herbal gums.
|Ghee ||2 Cups|
|Edible gum (gond ) ||1/2 Cup|
|Suji||1& 1/2 Cup|
|Badam Pista ||3 tbsp|
|Elaichi Powder||1/2 tbsp|
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry gum in it.
- When it’s fried, take it out and grind/crush it properly.
- Now fry Makhaney in the same ghee and when done keep aside.
- In the same ghee properly fry Suji.
- When Suji is done remove from the stove.
- Now mix ground gum, sugar, Makhaney, cardamom powder and sliced Badam Pista.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and Panjeeri is ready.