Makki Di Roti
Makki di Roti is a very famous Punjabi bread which is made from Makai (corn) Atta (flour). Its served with lots of clarified butter. Makki di Roti is generally made during the winter-time in Punjab and is perhaps best known when accompanied with Sarson da Saag.
|Makki Atta||2 Cups|
|Luke Warm Water||To Knead the Dough|
- Knead the dough by adding warm water and salt just before making the rotis.
- Now take a clean cloth or small plastic sheet and put it on the kitchen slab.
- Take a portion of the dough and shape it as a ball. Place this on the cloth or plastic sheet.
- Then put some water on your fingers and press the ball by rotating it till it takes a shape of a roti.
- Remove this roti and put it on a heated tawa. Let the roti cook from both sides on low heat.
- Remove it from the tawa and serve hot with butter on top.
- Serve Makki di roti with hot Sarson Da Saag.